10.18.2015

WEEKEND WONDERS


Hey guys! Today I am going to be doing a small Weekend Wonders, I haven't done one of these in a while so I thought I would turn it into more of the photoblog style that I have been doing lately with a minimal amount of text as you guys seem to like them!


This weekend I went a bit art gallery mad, I was reading in the Stylist mag about a couple of museums, one which I have been to before and love it there and the other only opened this Spring. I try to go to museums as much as I can as I work in the art industry so I need to soak up as much culture as I can.




The first thing I did this weekend was go to Ann Veronica Janssen's, States Of Mind exhibition at the Welcome Collection in Euston. This installation is all about the human consciousness and an explores light and colour. The installation is a huge room filled with different colour mist. It is extremely disorientating as you cannot see anything except colour. You can see people only when they are very up close to you, but for the most part you are "blinded by colour".

It is an amazing experience, and I highly recommend it to everyone, it is weird at first, but once you get use to it, it is wonderful to let your body figure out where it is without your eyes to help. I will be going again, but for now this is one of the best experiences I have had in a long time, it is extremely unique.




I then got back on the Victoria line and travelled to Vauxhall to the Newport Street Gallery, this gallery is owned by Damien Hirst who is a renowned artist. Personally I didn't enjoy the exhibition that was on, I appreciate the painters work, but it wasn't my cup of tea, which is fine, I will be going back when another exhibition was on, but for now that's my thoughts on the current work.



Thanks for reading! Have you seen any good exhibitions lately? As usual I am available on most social media platforms for you to keep up to date with what I am doing.

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great post! Have a nice weekend:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The exhibition at the Welcome Collection actually sounds amazing, I would love to go!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That States of Mind exhibition sounds so interesting...and also looks visually stunning!

    Meg | A Little Twist Of…

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really great snaps! The color mist thing looks absolutely interesting.

    www.annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© vihsee. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig