10.20.2015

BOOK REVIEW: THE DIARY OF A YOUNG GIRL


Hey guys, if you have been following what I have been up to you would know that in September I went to Amsterdam, I fell in love with this beautiful city and after going to Ann Franks house, I wanted to find out more about this girl who's diary is the most popular non-fiction book in the world. I picked up her diary in English (of course) and when I got home, started to read it, here is my thoughts on this classic, must read book.



Ann Frank is an extremely talented writer and from the first few pages I was hooked. Usually it takes me a chapter or two to really appreciate and get lost in a good book. This was a instant love, which shows just how great her skills were, even at such a young age.

She writes as if she is already an established author. With films that I have watched she is frequently portrayed as an extremely intelligent, quick witted and humorous woman. Her thoughts are extremely deep for someone coming of age, she writes of such serious issues regarding politics, feminism, love and puberty. She writes of issues that even as a 22 year old, haven't even crossed my mind, she is a genius.

  
The diary takes you on a emotional roller coaster, you can feel everything she writes about as if you were there. She writes of her frustration with her parents, her crush on Peter and how she pretty much hates and loves everyone in the house at some point or another. 

Throughout the book you can feel both her bad days and her good, her longing to be outside in the sun and the rain, and how scared she is of being found. You also feel the boring days, during the end of the diary, you start to feel everything getting repetitive, conversations, emotions, days, it's interesting as you read to see how Ann handles these situations, finding comfort in Peter's arms, reading, writing and studying religiously. 


I thoroughly loved this book, as I said during the end of the diary is does start to get repetitive, but that is realistic considering the situation that they are all thrust into. The diary shows a young girl, coming of age through extremely awkward circumstances and how she copes, her thoughts and feelings of issues about life, death and everything in between is extraordinary and I would highly recommend it to anyone.



I hope that you guys enjoyed this post, I would like to start doing book reviews whenever I finish reading a book, I am currently reading The Hobbit if anyone would like to join me.

What books have you read recently that you loved?

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This post is awesome! That's why I'll definitely follow your blog to see the new ones!

    p.s. new post about how I met Victoria Beckham already on my blog

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post dear! You have a wonderful blog:)
    What about following each other on Instagram, Bloglovin, Twitter?.. :)

    www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete

© vihsee. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig