8.03.2015

WEEKEND WONDERS: THE TATE


__________________________________________________

This weekend I took a trip south of the river to go and visit the Tate Modern. As a designer I try to visit exhibitions and galleries as much as I can to get some inspiration and to help keep my mind open.
__________________________________________________



__________________________________________________

The Tate Modern in London is located South of the River Thames in Bankside and close to Southbank tube station. The Museum holds some amazing and famous pieces of art from my favourite Pablo Picasso to Andy Warhol. There are also many other art pieces that are held here and they are always changing so it's good to go and look whenever you can.

I have included a selection of images from when I was at the Tate and individual shots of pieces of art that I particularly liked.
__________________________________________________



__________________________________________________

As you can probably tell from my pictures I really like work that is very minimal or very grudgy. I love art that looks simple but has an amazing idea. One piece that I saw was simply a mirror that made you, or the reflection the artwork. This I thought was very clever and I wish I did this myself. To me, that is my definition of good art is when it makes you have that feeling.
__________________________________________________



__________________________________________________

On my way back home from the Tate I decided to walk to London Bridge tube station and see more of Bankside and to see the Shakespeare Globe which I hope to get a ticket to soon.
__________________________________________________

I hope that you enjoyed this post, I have a couple of others lined up next week including a slightly delayed July favourites so make sure that your follow me on all of the usual social media to keep upto date!




SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I loved getting to see all the art, I'm not sure what my favorite type is. I do like the minimal ones too.

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© vihsee. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig